Friday, April 9, 2010

CCIE#26003

I started my career in Data Networking in 1999, i was introduced to CCNA/Cisco Networking Contents by one of my online friend.

At that time connecting internet through MS windows and then sharing the internet to LAN was a skill, i learned that skill but then i realized that's not enough, there is something more, something which makes you The Expert...and then i started my journey towards CCIE(Thanks to Zeeshan Khan).

I started my studies with a question: "how does internet work" I wanted to pursue my career in Data Networking but lack of trainings, and good institutions kept me away from mastering CCNA. but as DiruBhai Ambani once said "“Pursue your goals even in the face of difficulties, and convert adversities into opportunities".

Lack of trainings, and opportunities in our town led me to self study(Best thing i have ever learned from life) and i started my journey in Computer Networks, in both side: System Engineering, and Network Engineering. I mastered Microsoft Windows, little bit Linux then, and little bit CISCO because i dint know about simulators then, and couldn't buy routers & switches of my own.

Gr8 thing about my life has been the practical experience i have been getting from life, i started from friend's Internet Cafes in school time, where i was famous for my Networking Skills, that led me to work for my college as part time Lab Manager, and then My University where i worked 4 years, and learned a lot of networking and system engineering and yeh practiced too, it was all time learning experience because every day there used to be an issue and i had to solve it, and used to get student's appreciations lol.

BUITMS(My University) brought alot of exposure to my life, 24 Hour Free and Fast Internet(so i could download alot of books and CBTs), Teachings of some excellent teachers like (Sir. Khalid Mengal, Sir. Ikram-ullah, Sir. Nisar) brought alot of revolution in my life, i was feeling like raptor of knowledge there, i used to spent hours in Server room, learning everything, and downloading all trainings i could.(never gave enough interest to regular classes lol, because most of the teachers were boring (except some i mentioned above) and i realized it in first semester that they were wasting my time, my journey was CCIE and i had to focus it right from first day ;))

In the middle of my Graduation, i had almost finished my CCNA , i had studied it and had started studying for CCNP, and then i did 6 month Internship in PTCL, it was marvelous, excellent experience in my life, in the supervision of Sir. Usman (D.E PTCL) it was my first practical experience in field and i enjoyed alot, learned alot alot of things, in very few months i had studied their whole network and had started discussing how to optimize the network more.

Usman Bhai used to say, if you were in PTCL you would have been fired lol because i used to ask alot of questions and then used to give alot of ideas to improve network more and scalable but he used to say "Yeh Government Khata hai Bhai, yahan aisey nai chalta" and that day i committed to myself i wont work for PTCL ever, but Usman bhai was a great inspiration and i really loved working with him.

I Passed CCNA exam, before my convocation it was commitment i did to my self in my graduation time and i achieved it, completed CCNP in 2008 Mid, and CCIP in end of 2008, i had taken the CCIE LAB in 2009 but Belgium Embassy rejected my VISA 2 times with no justification, at that time i thought its finished, my journey has come to an end... but that dint stop me in the end.

I joined Micronet BroadBand Ltd, As Network Support Representative in March 2008. (One of THE best Decision of my life)

Nayatel/Micronet was just another excellent discovery in my life, time i spent there was full of exposures, once again the best thing i liked was FAST internet, very very Fast internet which first time in my life helped me to download 1 GB file, lol i was like flying in the air when first time i downloaded 1 GB file in one day.(sorry Nayatel, i ate hell lot of your bandwidth) and then i felt my dream for CCIE is very near, i had trainings, i had production network to grasp practical concepts, and something very special was the people who were working there specially Sir. Masud Reza, the very first day i took his training on joining i realized my CCIE is very near now.. he was the first person in my life who stopped training and sat down and said to me "Now ask as many questions and as you like lol" and then i said to myself, i want to work with him.

2 Years of Nayatel were like a voyage with full of discoveries, experiences, emotions, and alot of achievements, where i started with Sr. NSR, and in just 18 months i was Senior Network Engineer, wow people were giving my examples, i had sat a standard, but still i wasnt happy with my self, i thought i had lost my focus, my real goal was CCIE, and then i had to take a decision, either follow up my bright career in this company or CCIE.... and in the end i had to go for CCIE.

I re-scheduled my LAB on 7th April, 2010 i had 3 full months to prepare well but very soon i realized i couldnt manage it with Job so i had to quit which was quite difficult but i had to.

Ok Now 2 Months and a monster Lab in front of me, i had studied alot of books, and had gone through all trainings, and workbooks, but now i had to master it, it was time to expertise all those blueprint topics, and let me tell you one thing they were huge, one time i thought i have made a mistake.. i can't cover them all... but then i realized " CCIE is not about JUST Studies, Learning, and making concepts, reading hell lots of books, practicing labs all the day....There is something more which is important than any thing, and that is being positive, and sprit of being stubborn to make things possible, and if you have that passion... This 5 Digit No. will be yours"

i made a commitment to myself, no matter what happens, doesn't care if i fail first time, i will go again and i will keep taking the labs until i clear. and i started giving full 18 hours a day to my preparations.... it was never easy because im not a nerd, i can't sit and take book and start memorizing every word, so i used mind maps(Special Thanks to Krzysztof Załęski for his excellent mind maps notes) and used INE workbooks for final preparations, and yeh i practiced all labs on Dynamips, Thanks to creator of Dynamips.

I also bought INE MockLabs, man they were great, they taught me hell lot of lessons, i got failed in all 4 labs lol, not because i dint know the technology but because i made very small, and silly mistakes and from there i learned to avoid them, when i took INE LAB4 with difficult level 9, i completed it all with style, wah i was confident and expert, i dint miss a single section... that day i realized i can do it, i can pass the lab...common Yasir you can do it. go for this babyy and get it....

I came to dubai on 2nd of April, was feeling very confident, couldnt study in plane lol, all time i kept watching out of window and enjoyed journey(CCIE hota rehega yaar, enjoy the journey and exposures) but after arriving i started studying again.

Day before exam i went to CISCO office in Knowledge Village, man it was so beautiful, i was so excited to give the exam that i dint even follow a single tips of other CCIEs of last day, i dint study a single word on last day, i went to CISCO office, visited university of Woolong just behind the Cisco office, visited some other institutes too and went to Emirates Mall and came back, had some chats with my room mates, and spent almost all day on facebook and kept reading success CCIE stories, lol really i was so exhausted that i dint even wanted to touch any study material, "i said bus yaar jo hoga dekha jayega" and guess what i couldnt even sleep all night.

On the Exam day i went to Cisco office 1 hour early, met a Kashmiri Guy (Saddam Ryaz) who was there for his CCIE Security lab, and he was very well worried for OEQs and after watching him i myself became worried for OEQs lol i thought what happens when ppl study 99% and these 4 stupid questions come from this 1% lol you get fail man.... but then i thought CCIE is about being Expert, if you are really an expert you will answer these 4 questions and i kept telling it to that guy too.

Ok Exam was Nice, i did good in OEQ because i knew my stuff, i did 100/100 in Troubleshooting, because it was my favorite part, and i did very good in configurations part too because they were damn easy in comparison to INE workbooks, i just got stuck in one question because i thought it was unfair to ask and question and skip the necessary information for the solution, i asked the proctor but he said "You will have to resolve it by your ownself, Cisco never makes mistakes" i think he should have helped me, but he was busy in his own CCIE voice studies lol i observed it while i was taking my test he was doing test voice lab himself lol.

Ok after the exam, i said its time to see Dubai.. so lets visit Dubai.... Yuhaaa result will be out in late night till then, i dont want wana think of it..

and then the moment came when i got email from CISCO (My Kashmiri friend called me and told me he couldnt pass because of OEQ, Sad) that was a time when i started getting little worried, and started remembering what i answered, did i make any mistake, oh yes i did, oh no, oh yes, oh no... oh man how can i make such small mistakes, if i got failed because of OEQs i will be the most stupid person on earth.. lol these things kept comming in my brain... and i opened Cisco's Email thank god they dint tell in email that you have passed or not lol they just said check your account info for that...ok should i click or not... but when i clicked on the very first line i saw this Golden Number, "Congratulations CCIE#26003" by god i dint believe it... i went to cisco CCIE verify page and entered my info, it verified... i couldnt believeeeee Heyyyyyyyyy i did it.... whom to telll whom to tell.. its late night my family is sleepingggg, hey facebook.... lets tell them all... i was damn happy ... in the end i did it..

but it hasn't ended yet, Sitaron se aage jahan aur bhi hain. Abhi ishq ke imtehan aur bhi hain.... therez alot to do now... this Ishq hasnt ended yet, its just a start.......

12 comments:

  1. Congrats dear. Wish you best of luck in you whole life.


    Z@!N

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed very inspiring. I really enjoyed it, and found many worthy things, from which i will try to learn also. But I would like to ask one question

    "What thing makes your story different from other CCIEz stories ". (Will look for interesting answer:)

    From your last paragraph, i first time understood the meaning of one verse of poetry

    "Muktab e ishq ka dustoor nirala daikha
    Usko chuti na mili jis nay sabaq yad kiya"

    @Usman

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really a long boring story!! :p I slept a lot of times in the middle of my reading!!! lolzzz

    Well, I am sorry Yasir but it is not a sort of comment and I will take few more bytes on your blog because I know there would be RSVP running here as well and you may soon run out of memory lolzz!!

    Yasir is the MAN, I learned the meaning of passion and dedication from!! Had spend almost two years with him. Joined same day at MBL/NTL family and since the very day, right from the trainings, I guessed him to be an extraordinary man. He indeed worked hard to get this medal of honour i.e. CCIE!

    Now I understand your typical style and words "acha jaa na demagh ne kharab ker lolzz". "Abhi kam ka time hai, phir baat karty hain" that why you always kept this attitude, this was sure needed to reach your destination!! and I am sure its not your final destination.

    I learned some real lessons from him. his two statements always add much life in my daily routine!! "Do not limit your skills"
    and the following one is a sort of discussion
    "Forget the politics and keep working to develop your knowledge base. Do not fight physically with others, fight with them with your knowledge and skills and they will never be able to stand up against you"

    I still have that same complaint from you, I hope you guessed it..."a lot and a lot of pending treats among us". and this one of your CCIE, I will never let you skip this one, even though I have to come abroad for this one, I will sure come for the treat. So be ready and let me know when you have enough money in your pocket, lolzzz.

    Be a very happy and successful man in life!! But one thing I wanted to ask regarding your vision of entrepreneurship!! "Would you become a CISCO in you or will have a CISCO of your own???" I need this answer even if you give it in person to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey bro...no formal greetings...m just waiting the launch of ur own company..will luv to b wid u...i hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yasir at that time app kya pa hoe.i call u.but your mobile is off ?
    aziz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Bro.... I really Enjoyed your lovely story..
    and Finally i Concluded some Results which will remain with me(Akhiir kisi ko teri kahani bhi to sunana ho gi na:D)

    But yara Buhat Buhat Acha laga ki Tum apnay Maqsad main kamyab ho gaye ...
    Aur Allah Pak tumhain aur bhi kamyabi ki taraf lay jayein ameen...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wur tuj se mujey ye umeed nhi thi,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see such a wonderful summary compilation....its Interesting and inspiring,

    I like ur wordrobe ------[" CCIE is not about JUST Studies, Learning, and making concepts, reading hell lots of books, practicing labs all the day....There is something more which is important than any thing, and that is being positive, and sprit of being stubborn to make things possible, and if you have that passion... This 5 Digit No. will be yours"
    ]---

    Prayer is the only connection between us-at least,
    and U ve already acheived the level or fulfilled the definition of Dr. Allama Iqbal poetry verse;
    =====================================
    "Khudi o Ker Buland Itna Ke Her Taqdeer Sey Pehly...
    Khuda Bandy Sey Khud Poochey, Bata Teri Raza kya hey..!"
    ======================================

    H@m@d@@N--->[Hamad Azmi]

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations dude.. nd Sitaron se aage jahan aur bhi hain :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations dear.... it must b example for others... proud to feel ur University mate.... any way congrates dear... umer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yasir,its really a exciting moment.I too planning to start the journay.Inshallah i will seek your help,hope you will come forward for the same.

    RAMDAN MUBARAK..

    ReplyDelete